Thursday, January 31, 2008

an evening of swirling imaginings

Hi -
Thought of the project tonight while in awe of Joanna Newsom's performance tonight at BAM. I wanted to immerse myself in her songs and dance among the trees in the park. I imagined slow movements, self- referential, with lots of slow development of sensual but playful hand to body contact. I wanted to burst out of the slowness with jumps and rolls. Yes perhaps through whizzing cars, sounds of the breeze, jumble of voices. How do we make our own voice heard? 
Block # 2,348- the narcissistic inventory of all things wrong or difficult. 
# 2, 349 Isolation. How is it possible to isolate myself among the 9 million that I live with? 
A state of mind.
How does dancing among the cars make me feel... I will ruminate on it Kathryn?
Love.
Kim

No comments: