Wednesday, January 30, 2008

1/7/07

Hello darlings,

So very good to be communicating again. I wanted to email a couple times during the holidays, but felt I had nothing significant to say. Like you said, Y, it's a new year and now's the time for getting going on this wonderful project.

Thank you for being our delegate to the meeting. July 13th is a sunday, 3pm would be a good time, but what do you mean "I think" about the date? I think a low price like $5 for students/senior citizens/children and $10 for others would garner a good turnout.

Yulia, your email comes at a perfect moment. All winter break, I was thinking that we need to make this long-distance project involve a long-distance audience. Your idea for a blog is fantastic. We could advertise there for the show itself, and post videos on youtube to garner some viewers. What's more, we will create a piece that is not dependent entirely on the product, but on the production of the product. How does one broadcast live over the internet?
I love the idea of this dance being patchworked together by videos broadcast and sent over the internet. Can we project some of these onto the stage? Maybe we could project them onto some giant abc blocks, hmmm...

I have this image in my head of a blue crane, standing on one leg, in the midst of utter chaos - whizzing cars, neon signs, rushing people - not moving at all. Her stillness is accentuated by the blurs of movement surrounding her.

I am taking Diana Garcia-Snyder's Butoh course this quarter. Class is at 8:30 in the morning and is two hours long and it starts tomorrow. I am excited. She has studied with Diego Pinon.

I am also choreographing for the DMC. The concert is March 6-9. I have a great cast of women: Kia, Callie, Hannah Marx, Nasim, Chelsea Weaver, and Meghan Crane. It's shaping up. I am thinking of you Kimberly when I am rehearsing with them.

I love you both,

K

No comments: