Wednesday, January 30, 2008

1/7/07

Hello Ladies!

Hope the new year has been treating you kindly so far. Has school started for you already?

I went t the Alembic meeting yesterday. It was a short meeting, each group/person just introduced themselves and their project. I did sign a contract so we are all set for July 13 (I think). Linda needs to know ASAP the price of our tickets and the time of the show. I was thinking we could do a sliding scale $5-10. As for the time, we have the space from 12-6 and that includes set up and take down. Should we say show starts at 3pm?

I have attached the Alembic contract.

I was thinking that it would be really cool if we have some sort of an online blog for this project. For 2 reasons mainly: for us to communicate and to post our videos and thoughts. And also for the public to be able to see our process, so we have this whole online audience as well as the audience in July. Do you knw of a good blog website? I'm familiar with Facebook and yahoo groups, but I don't know if those are the best ones. Facebook might not be so bad though. What do you think? Any suggestions?

I'm currently involved in a 2 day butoh workshop with a local artist name Mizu Desierto. It's all about rediscovering the child within, the child's universe, unblocking memories and senses. It's a small group of 5 women and the first day was so powerful and intense. I'll write all about it in our blog.

I signed up for a class at the NW Film School today. I'm so excited! I'm giving myself a late birthday present and buying a video camera. I can't wait to start dancing and recording and discovering.

The first thing that comes to mind when I think of blocks, is children's ABC blocks. I'm kind of obsessed with them right now and want to own a set. I think we coud incoporate them in the performance and make some videos.

I know it's been a while since we talked about this project. With the holidays I didn't have time to give much thought to it. But it's a new year and I'm really motivated and excited and I hope that you are too.

I know that personally I need structure to get anything done. Once I get my video camera, my goal is to make a short video once a week. And to keep a daily blog/journal. Some sort of daily practice is my new goal.

Ok, tell me all about your worlds!

Much love,

~ Y

No comments: